Wednesday, February 04, 2009

Wednesday Wanderings

It's an appropo Subject Title since my blog is called Kimberley's Wanderings - so I get to do just that - wander like crazy, ha!

My good friend Cynthia Leitich Smith's new book, ETERNAL is out in FIVE DAYS!!!! JUST FIVE DAYS!!!! I cannot wait to read it!

Here is the delicious and "tantalizing" trailer:



The book cover for EXPLORE WITHIN A MEDIEVAL CASTLE is fantastic. And it's just the kind of book my boys devoured when growing up. Heck, I still buy them all sorts of kid's books, even though they're much older now. Ahem. And even though they are not SUPPOSED to be much older!




Last but not least:

If you want to feel good about yourself as a writer, here is a tidbit from Rachel Gardner whose blog is always uplifting, fun and full of writing and publishing information.

Quote: "It's truly an embarrassment of riches. Every single query that gets to my inbox represents someone's passion, their heart and soul, their hard work, often years of their life. Each one could possibly change lives or inspire or entertain or teach... or all of the above. There is unlimited potential to change the world in my inbox everyday! I am humbled and awed at the privilege of being the recipient of such treasure.

Thank you to all of you writers who put yourselves out there, make the effort, follow your passion, and pursue that publishing dream. I admire and salute you."

Isn't she darling sweet? Go here to read the full post: Rachel Gardner, Rants and Ramblings of a Literary Agent

7 comments:

Katie Anderson said...

Great post and I LOVE the new look of your blog :-)

Kimberley Griffiths Little said...

Thanks, Katie!

I love purple, what can I say? And I finally figured out how to change colors . . . and add images . . . I'm such a slow learner!

Janette Rallison said...

Hey Kimberley, congrats on your book deal with Scholastic. Did you have an agent for that or did you just send it to them?

Kimberley Griffiths Little said...

Hi Janette,
I signed with the fantabulous Tracey Adams in September and she sold the deal to Scholastic in November. I'd been agent querying for nearly two years and she was always my #1 choice so I was over the moon just to get her. She knows everybody in this business and has so many fantastic authors.

Scholastic is known for being really, really slow when it comes to subbing over the transom or even completely non-responsive so it's a place I've always wanted to try, but never did because they're going more agent-only.

The Scholastic book clubs and book fairs are taking my books, too - and all the VPs at Scholastic are *excited* about my projects so I'm THRILLED to pieces.

Been working/waiting for this for YEARS. How sweet it is!

Katie Anderson said...

Hey again. I just watched that trailer. It was cool. so how long have you been writing? I need to go back and read the side of your blog.

Kimberley Griffiths Little said...

Um, I've been writing and trying to publish MUCH longer than I care to admit . . . I'm a slow learner in more ways than one!

I've actually been thinking about blogging about this very topic and lay out my writing *time-line*.

Stay tuned!

Hardygirl said...

I love the words of Rachel Gardner. It's easy to dehumanize editors and agents when you receive those form letter rejections!

sf

MY PUBLISHED BOOKS

MY PUBLISHED BOOKS

Winner of The Southwest Book Award!

Time travel, war, love, rattlesnakes, magic . . .

Blog Archive