Wednesday, August 22, 2012

Revisions FINISHED and other GOOD stuff!

The last 10 days has been, let's say, interesting? Mind-numbing? Frantic? Exhausting? Mind-stretching? 

I've been working 12 hour days. Right smack in the middle of it all, my computer started crackling and zapping and popping and then went black.


Fried the mother board - while doing revisions for my Harpercollins editor on my sexy YA novel (Fall 2013 lead title - I'm slightly excited, but you probably can't tell!! Nope, I'm cool, calm and collected).

Took a day to get up and running again with another old laptop sitting under my bed, but yes I . . .Finally finished the kick-me-to-the-gutter revisions yesterday and TURNED THEM IN. Yes, I hit SEND on the email to my editor, then sweated a little, then ate 3 donuts (yes, indeedy!) and went to lunch with Caroline Starr Rose and Carolyn Kuehn. 

Last Wednesday I was a guest speaker at WRITE ON CON the biggest, most incredibly awesome free online writer's conference ever. I was really thrilled to be a part of it, but afraid that I looked dorky or nervous in front of the camera. AND I realized later there was so much more to say about 3x5 card plotting. Here is the video to begin your tutorial!



I will be here again - soon I promise! - to talk more about Plotting Your Novel Using 3x5 Cards. Some GOOD stuff so check back in a couple of days while I pull it all together right here on my blog.

Meanwhile I'm going to eat some bon bons and read a book (I have 40 in my stacks that have been waiting patiently for me - me not so patient!)

BUT DON'T LEAVE YET! Here are some links to articles that I really enjoyed the past week:

This Product Prevents Literary Wedgies. Good for Multiple Uses. At "Writer Unboxed" blog. A blog you really should be reading daily!

Social Media Suicide at "Writer Unboxed"

If I can't go in Reverse, I'll go in Verse by Caroline Rose Starr

Magical Realism: Turning Ordinary into Extraordinary! With a book giveaway that doesn't end until September 5th so get over there, what are you waiting for!

"Does Publishing Kill our Love of Writing?" by Kiersten White

Enjoy!

~Kimberley

2 comments:

Barbara Watson said...

Revisions wipe the brain so very much more than the writing part does. So YAY!! You're done! (for now.)

Unknown said...

Congratulations! I ate a candy bar to celebrate with you.

MY PUBLISHED BOOKS

MY PUBLISHED BOOKS

Winner of The Southwest Book Award!

Time travel, war, love, rattlesnakes, magic . . .

Blog Archive