Monday, March 14, 2011

Marvelous Middle-Grade Monday! THE MIDNIGHT TUNNEL: A Suzanna Snow Mystery

Shannon Messenger is the inspiration behind MMGM aka Marvelous Middle-Grade Monday and I've been wanting to jump into the mix!

When I first started writing, I wrote MG manuscripts (and it was the wonderfully marvelous and very prolific Rosemary Wells that personally told me I had a natural and distinct MG *voice* years ago at my very first writer's conference - and we won't even go there about how long ago that first writer's conference was . . . but it was in the historic and beautiful mountain city of Santa Fe, New Mexico where I also had dinner with Richard Peck for the first time and Lois Duncan and Steven Kellogg and Katherine Paterson, etc. WOW! I was one lucky wanna-be!)

So even though I'm also currently writing several YA novels and publishing a YA with Scholastic in 2012, I currently have a very-dear-to-my-heart MG, The Healing Spell, and a *new* MG coming up October 1 called Circle of Secrets - Middle-Grade Books are definitely one of my biggest loves! And there is a new rush for MG books in the book world and agents and editors are LOOKING so get yours polished up and sent out!

An hour ago I finished gulping down Angie Frazier's new MG, The Midnight Tunnel, A Suzanna Snow Mystery. Isn't it adorable? 


I love the cover and I purchased the book at my new local Indie bookstore, Alamosa Books last week at our SCBWI monthly Schmooze. Alamosa Bookstore graciously gives us their lovely space for our schmoozes and I purchase a new book there every time as a "thank you". Here's some love for Alamosa Books and their wonderful, marvelous and very friendly staff!


I REALLY, REALLY, REALLY enjoyed THE MIDNIGHT TUNNEL: A Suzanna Snow Mystery!

The opening page is MARVELOUS! The first chapter hooks you right in with intrigue and a delightful heroine, Suzanna or Zanna for short - NOT Suzie!!! There are beautiful descriptions of the beaches and the old hotel where the story takes place. And the cast is filled with fun characters, and mysterious characters as well as some grumpy characters . . . I love how Suzanna solves the mystery, bit by bit and piece by piece, using the clues around her - and tries to get the adults around her to listen to her already!

A great, fun, fast-paced, suspenseful read! I don't think you can go wrong with this marvelous new book for your middle-grade readers. 

Here's the official Goodreads synopsis:

A mysterious adventure of self-discovery that reveals shocking secrets!
It is 1905 and young Suzanna works at her family's inn in Loch Harbor, New Brunswick, where she is trained to be a well-mannered hostess and a charming lady. Suzanna has other ideas for her future--she wants to be a detective. When a young guest goes missing on a stormy summer night, Suzanna's famous detective uncle, and idol, comes to solve the case. But Suzanna learns that not everything is as it seems. With a little help from her friends, can she solve the mystery of the missing girl before her uncle gives up?

No comments:

MY PUBLISHED BOOKS

MY PUBLISHED BOOKS

Winner of The Southwest Book Award!

Time travel, war, love, rattlesnakes, magic . . .

Blog Archive