Thursday, May 27, 2010

I have me some new Author Pics!

I’ve been debating for a year whether to hire a professional photographer to do a whole photo shoot and currently I’m in debt SEVERAL GRAND after last month’s April 15th Tax Day so I’m feeling quite broke.
 
My Scholastic publicist called last week and said “I need a photo of you right away! The Albuquerque Journal wants to do an article/feature/interview on you!”

Actually, I don’t know exactly what they want to do, but they want a photo NOW. With HIGH resolution which my profile pic on LJ and my website are *not*.  

No time to call a photographer and get shots and proofs made up let alone go shopping for new clothes and a hair highlight touch-up – with only 24 hours, it’s impossible. 

Darling publicist emails back: “Just grab a camera and a family member and take some at home. In fact, go outside and take some shots since your book is set on the bayou.” 

Great idea! So we do exactly that and these are the best ones:
Whaddayathink??
Honesty is the best policy, hee, hee.

NOTE: These have NOT been photo shopped or touched up AT ALL. Thinking about getting my son to take away some of those neck and eye lines . . . 

Do you think I should hire a pro and get some *real* author photos done? Goodness, what will it cost me? Gulp.
















7 comments:

JE said...

I like the 2nd, 3rd, and 2nd to the last ones! They are all good, really, but those are my favs!

~JD

Kimberley Griffiths Little said...

Thanks, Justine! You are so sweet!

I'm thinking of some outfit changes and different times of day now . . . ;-)

Jessica said...

I vote for the 2nd one! You look beautiful!

Kimberley Griffiths Little said...

Hi Jessica! Thanks for the input! I have a photo shoot tomorrow with a girl in Valencia Ward that has a great camera and wants experience. Cool! Stay tuned . . .

TheHQforHQ said...

Here's a third vote for the second one. Looks very authory-:)

Suzette Saxton said...

The photos are beautiful - because you are beautiful!!! If you decide you want a photo shoot and are in Salt Lake any time soon, my sister does awesome bio photos. She did mine, and she is easy to work with and super affordable.

Miss you!

XOXO

Kimberley Griffiths Little said...

Hey, Suzette, THANKS! You're so sweet! Cool about your sister, too - do you mean Beth???

Miss you, too!

Come to my launch party at The King's English July 8th at 7:00 p.m. I'm scheduled!!! YAY!!!

MY PUBLISHED BOOKS

MY PUBLISHED BOOKS

Winner of The Southwest Book Award!

Time travel, war, love, rattlesnakes, magic . . .

Blog Archive