Thursday, May 20, 2010

Happy, happy!

Just returning from a crazy, fun week.

My son's college graduation - we finally made it! As an Asperger young man, it has been so much angst, tears, frustration, hard work, tough homework, oral projects that were terrifying for him, the driving him back and forth, the retaking of classes . . . but he now has a B.S. in Biology and a minor in English. And even though it was really, really, really hard, he walked the line in his cap and gown at the UNM Biology Dept Ceremony.

He's the tall one with the new goatee. :-)





I was having a weird hair day . . . but they gave the Mom's flowers!


He actually relaxed and took some candid pictures!


The Cake at Home!


"The Thinker" Pose.

Mom/Grandma was here and we went to the Aquarium and the botanical gardens and had an absolutely lovely day.



Then I headed off to California for my last school Author Visit of the year! Had a frantic, crammed, but wonderful day. I needed to be around those 3-6th graders. They are a breath of fresh air and delight and cuteness!



I'm a bit fuzzy, but you get the picture . . .


Busy, busy writing!


Reading our stories aloud.

Q&A Time:

One of the questions: "I like your yellow skirt."

Another question: "I like your hair."

Best part of the day:

A girl who called herself my biggest fan ran up and hugged me and then turned to her friend: "I'll never wash my jacket again."

Aaaahhhh. Love it.

4 comments:

Justin said...

Congratulations Aaron! That is awesome.

Kimberley Griffiths Little said...

Thanks, Justin - I will pass it on to him.

And CONGRATULATIONS to YOU on your degree!!!!! Very exciting and I loved the pictures on The Cook Shack!

RaShelle Workman said...

What fun pictures! Aren't kids the sweetest? Congrats to you and your son! That is awesome!!! I'm beaming for both of you. What an accomplishment. Having three kids of my own (still a ways to go until they grad college), it gives me hope.
ps: The Emmy Rossum song is one of my favs. There is no music it's all her vocals - really cool. =D

Kimberley Griffiths Little said...

Gosh, thanks so much, RaShelle! There is always hope, isn't there? :-)

And then your ps made me scratch my head when you said no music so I went back and listened to it and all the background *music* is EMMY singing, right? I hadn't realized that the first time I listened. AMAZING!!!!!!!!!

I was so taken by how gorgeous she is and the words and the wonderful song that it didn't click in. STUNNING!!!!!!!!! Gotta get me that album . . .

MY PUBLISHED BOOKS

MY PUBLISHED BOOKS

Winner of The Southwest Book Award!

Time travel, war, love, rattlesnakes, magic . . .

Blog Archive