Tuesday, September 22, 2009

Is This just Feeding all my Excuses *not* to Write?

"I have a basic indolence about me which is essential to writing . . . It's thinking time, it's hanging-out time, it's day-dreaming time. You know, it's lie-around-the-bed time, it's sitting-like-a-dope-in-your-chair-time. And that seems to me essential to any work."
Grace Paley

"Rest is not idleness, and to lie sometimes on the grass under the trees on a summer's day, listening to the murmur of water, or watching the clouds float across the sky, is by no means a waste of time."
Sir John Lubbock

"It takes a heap of loafing to write a book."
Gertrude Stein

Enjoy your beautiful autumn! I still have some of my summer flowers . . . they'll soon be disappearing though.


No comments:

MY PUBLISHED BOOKS

MY PUBLISHED BOOKS

Winner of The Southwest Book Award!

Time travel, war, love, rattlesnakes, magic . . .

Blog Archive