Friday, January 22, 2010

Books Read in 2009


It's very interesting to compile this list. For one thing, I knew I hadn't done as much reading this year with a new baby in the house and writing so much and book production and the publicity and promotion research and things like my website and book trailer and school visits and blogging more and getting an account on Facebook. I really miss not reading as much. But I was surprised by how much I actually *had* read. It's also interesting how eclectic the list is. I try to read widely but there are so many books I wish I could have crammed into my brain. But alas, I need to wait until the time I don't need sleep anymore.

There's also some political non-fiction I didn't put on the list as well as my daily scripture study.

And you can probably get a BIG HINT about the type of book I'm currently revising for my editor by the research books below. Ha, ha!

There's also the realization, once again, about how much I enjoy Southern type novels by my adult list. I always have, and try to read as many as I can in children's lit as well. There are titles that are set in the South that I did not read this past year, mostly because our library never got them in.


Children's/Teen Literature:

1. How to Ditch Your Fairy by Justine Larbalestier
2. The True Meaning of Smekday by Adam Rex
3. Savvy by Ingrid Law
4. Cross my Heart and Hope to Spy by Ally Carter
5. The Graveyard Book by Neil Gaiman
5. Wake by Lisa McMann
6. The London Eye Mystery by Siohban Dowd
7. Thirteen Reasons Why by Jay Asher
8. Kiss Me Kill Me by Lauren Henderson
9. Jellicoe Road by Melina Marchetta
10. Fade by Lisa McMann
11. Masterpiece by Elisa Broach
12. Fat Kid Rules the World by K.L. Going
13. The Wednesday Wars by Gary Schmidt
14. The Secret Language of Girls by Frances O'Roarke Dowell
15. The Curse of Addy McMahon by Katie Davis
16. Millicent Min by Lisa Yee
17. The Miraculous Journey of Edward Tulane by Kate deCamillo
18. Love, Cajun Style by Diane Les Becquets
19. Eternal by Cynthia Leitich Smith
20. Dying to Meet You by Kate Klise
21. Brooklyn Bridge by Karen Hesse
22. The Lemonade War by Jacqueline Davies
23. Gone by Michale Grant
24. If I Stay by Gayle Forman
25. When You Reach Me by Rebecca Stead
26. Bliss by Lauren Myracle
27. Wintergirls by Laurie Halse Anderson
28. Anonymously Yours by Richard Peck
29. A True and Faithful Narrative by
30. 11 Birthdays by Wendy Mass
31. A Season of Gifts by Richard Peck
32. The Day of the Pelican by Katherine Paterson
33. The Kind of Friends we Used to Be by Frances O'Rourke Dowell
34. The Hunger Games by Suzanne Collins
35. Catching Fire by Suzanne Collins
36. Fairy Tale by Cynthia Balog
37. Prada and Prejudice by Mandy Hubbard
38. Twenty Boy Summer by Sarah Ockler
39. Linnets and Valerians by Elizabeth Goudge

Adult Novels:

1. The Girl who stopped Swimming by Joshilyn Jackson
2. Gods in Alabama by Joshilyn Jackson
3. Between Georgia by Joshilyn Jackson
4. The Sister by Poppy Adams
5. The Help by Kathryn Stockett
6. Making a Literary Life by Carolyn See
7. Ethan Fromme by Edith Wharton
8. The Curious Incident of the Dog in the Night Time by Mark Haddon
9. Tell No One by Harlan Coben
10. Time of My Life by Allison Winn Scotch
11. Purple Cane Road by James Lee Burke
12. Sunset Unlimited by James Lee Burke
13. Alas, Babylon by Pat Frank
14. Learning to Fly by April Henry
15. The Savvy Author's Guide to Book Publicity by Lissa Warren
16. Voodoo and Hoodoo by Jim Haskins
17. The Mysterious Marie Laveau by Raymond J. Martinez
18. Charms, Spells & Formulas by Ray T. Malbrough
19. Old Love Charms & Spells
20. Black & White Magic by Marie Laveau
21. Voodoo handbook of Cult Secrets by Anna Riva
22. Hoodoo Herb and Root Magic by Catherine Yronwode
23. Hoodoo Mysteries by Ray Malbrough
24. Utterly Wicked, Curses, Hexes and Other Unsavory Notions by Dorothy Morrison

No comments:

MY PUBLISHED BOOKS

MY PUBLISHED BOOKS

Winner of The Southwest Book Award!

Time travel, war, love, rattlesnakes, magic . . .

Blog Archive