Wednesday, August 26, 2009

Life is Sporadic and Choppy

So I'm reading books instead of writing, a few pages here and there, in pieces. I miss being able to read every day like I used too. It's like, I either WRITE. Or I READ. I cannot manage both in the same day.

I just cannot seem to write in 15 minute chunks like some writers can. I merely get frustrated and angsty and start inhaling brownies or chocolate chip cookies fresh from the oven. I SO WISH I COULD!!! Write in ten minute increments, that is, in between laundry loads or phone calls or dinner prep or errands or tending children.

Here's what I've been reading the past two weeks. A good way to end the summer, doncha think?


2 comments:

Augusta Scattergood said...

I so relate to your not being able to write in chunks and all the angst when you can't find a block of time to write! Just lately I've found some good writing time, and it feels terrific.
BTW, I can't read all your book titles in this post, but the ones I recognize are some I've read, too, and liked quite a lot. But I often READ in chunks, even if I don't write in chunks. So I can't always remember what I read, or rather, what the books were actually about...
=)

Kimberley Griffiths Little said...

Hi Augusta! Congrats on the good writing time. Maybe I can now that all my proofreading is done. (See new posts.) ;-D
I'm the same way as you about my reading, too. Chunks or not at all.
P.S. If you want to know a book title, just give a holler.

MY PUBLISHED BOOKS

MY PUBLISHED BOOKS

Winner of The Southwest Book Award!

Time travel, war, love, rattlesnakes, magic . . .

Blog Archive