Sunday, August 30, 2009

I love Librarians!

I'm currently discussing final details for a school visit this year with a librarian I met when I spoke at the New Mexico Library Association conference this past April.

I had just returned home from my research trip to Louisiana and mentioned it in my talk and some of the zany things that happened to me. Afterward, a librarian (Middle School) came up to introduce herself and she told me that SHE grew up in Baton Rouge, Louisiana. Way cool!!!

We had a great chat and she invited me for the next school year since her teachers are using my last novel,
THE LAST SNAKE RUNNER in their English and History classes. Yay!


She's a kick and I love this quote she puts at the end of her emails.


"You see, I don't believe that libraries should be drab places where people sit in silence, and that's been the main reason for our policy of employing wild animals as librarians."
-- Monty Python


No comments:

MY PUBLISHED BOOKS

MY PUBLISHED BOOKS

Winner of The Southwest Book Award!

Time travel, war, love, rattlesnakes, magic . . .

Blog Archive