Wednesday, June 11, 2008

Mornings by the Rio Grande

Mornings are so beautiful here. I got up early, opened all the windows and doors wide to the let cool air rush throughout the house and then laid down on my bed listening to birds chirping, the cats scratching around - or on top of me (I swear their favorite thing to do - or push their heads under the covers with me), and watched pale morning sunlight make shadows and drops of yellow on my bedspread.

I actually spent a few moments ENJOYING the beauty of the day.



I tend to get up quickly, check email, exercise, eat breakfast, shower, throw laundry in, do dishes, write out bills, make any necessary phone calls, catch up on everyone's blogs, do my scripture reading, run errands, etc. and then it's 95 degrees and I try to write.

I'm making a promise to myself that before the summer is over I'm going to lie in bed enjoying the morning with a book. I mean, I only have 25 in the stack waiting for me. I know because I counted yesterday!

All during the school year I'm up at 5 a.m. to teach and I need to indulge in a good *lie-in* with a book at least ONE summer day. All I need to go with my book is a box of chocolates.

No comments:

MY PUBLISHED BOOKS

MY PUBLISHED BOOKS

Winner of The Southwest Book Award!

Time travel, war, love, rattlesnakes, magic . . .

Blog Archive