Wednesday, June 04, 2008

Book Purses - you know you want one

I've always been a girl that would LUV to purchase more cute shoes and more cute purses, but when I go shopping I always feel so $$$ POOR and come home empty-handed or with something cheap and then I'm disappointed.

Then I found this!

Now I'm wondering if my brand new daughter-in-law would help me make one of these. Turns out she's quite the seamstress and very creative. Can you imagine a conference or ALA or BEA or Bologna where everyone (the girls at least) were carrying a purse in their favorite book?

(Full instructions with pictures and supplies needed at the link!)

How to Make a Book Purse

This is a featured article. Click here for more information.
Here's a novel purse that is perfect for the bibliophile in your life!

Make this purse out of an old (preferably cheap and unloved) book. It's sure to be a conversation starter wherever you take it and you'll get to recycle a discarded book in the process.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Huh.

Kimberley Griffiths Little said...

Love your "huh", Candace!

So I can't decide whether to use a Shakespeare cover, "Gone with the Wind" "Jane Eyre" or "Rebecca". ;-)

MY PUBLISHED BOOKS

MY PUBLISHED BOOKS

Winner of The Southwest Book Award!

Time travel, war, love, rattlesnakes, magic . . .

Blog Archive