Saturday, January 27, 2007

Feeling Dumb

Okay, in my last post I said I hadn't heard of any of the award-winning books! Where did that come from? I majorly take that back. I had heard/read all of the Printz books, but not the Newbery's, although I knew some of the authors. Whew, feel better. You were probably wondering who is this author who knows NOTHING about what's going on in the publishing world? But I do read a lot of terrific authors who have never won any *big* award.

It's Saturday, hubby is out running errands, I've already done a load of laundry, vacuumed/mopped the kitchen, exercised and given attention to all 5 cats. Now I get to do some more rewriting on The Healing Spell. It was critiqued this past week by my good friend, Cindy-Rae, who grew up on a bayou in the south and gave me some wonderful advice about various minor tidbits in the story. Things that are going to help raise it another notch. At least that's the plan.

Goal: Tuesday I email editor who gave me the suggestion to change the 3rd person POV to 1st person POV and ask if I can resubmit. The viewpoint change has made a huge difference and it's taken me all month, but I'm closing in.

Feeling optimistic.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hey, Kim. How did it work out with the editor call? I AM ALWAYS ROOTING FOR YOU! You rock! Alex

MY PUBLISHED BOOKS

MY PUBLISHED BOOKS

Winner of The Southwest Book Award!

Time travel, war, love, rattlesnakes, magic . . .

Blog Archive