Wednesday, January 24, 2007

Award Time!

On Monday, the annual awards in children's and young adult literature were announced. You may know them best as the Newbery, Caldecott, Printz, etc.

There's a live feed from the convention hall so viewers can actually watch the announcements from anywhere in the country which is pretty cool. I did that last year. Lots of cheering and clapping and it was pretty exciting to see the books and the authors. Unfortunately this year I was at the dentist with my son so missed it.

Immediately I placed reservations for the Newbery and Printz award winners at my local library online. Love how easy that is to do, and I can't wait to read these new books. The weird thing is, I hadn't heard of any of them. Makes me feel out of the loop.

ALA Award Winners Here

(There's a link to click on the home page for the literary awards and it gives a full listing. Also, very cute picture of Orlando Bloom on his READ poster.)

Happy Reading and Congratulations to all the winners!

No comments:

MY PUBLISHED BOOKS

MY PUBLISHED BOOKS

Winner of The Southwest Book Award!

Time travel, war, love, rattlesnakes, magic . . .

Blog Archive