Monday, December 08, 2008

Mondays Get a Bad Rap

Or maybe that should be a bad REP.

Mondays, for me, are usually full of possibility. I get home from teaching my early morning class and tidy up (why is the kitchen always cluttered with dirty dishes again after I've already *done* the dishes the night before? I fear I live with midnight snackers who have not been taught how to stick their cups and plates into the dishwasher sitting right under their nose) and check my email and skim some blogs and think about all the things I'm dreaming about accomplishing.

It's a New Week.

A Fresh Start.

New Goals.

New Schedule.

A Clean Day Planner. (Well, make that a CLEANER day-planner before it all gets filled in).

I love writing down my chores and errands AND THEN CROSSING THEM OUT. That's the best part.

Not that I usually ACHIEVE my writing goals - but the POSSIBILITY is always full of promise.

I just need to get better about keeping the promises I make to myself.

Maybe I should just take Gertrude Stein's advice: "It takes a heap of loafing to write a book."

2 comments:

Hardygirl said...

I love crossing things off my list so much, I always make sure to put some things on there that I know for sure will happen--like picking up my kids from school--just so I know I'll have something to cross off!

Kimberley Griffiths Little said...

Oh, great minds think alike! I do that all the time, too! How funny.

Or I go back and add in all the things that I did get done onto the list that weren't there originally just so I can cross them off. ;-D

MY PUBLISHED BOOKS

MY PUBLISHED BOOKS

Winner of The Southwest Book Award!

Time travel, war, love, rattlesnakes, magic . . .

Blog Archive