Forbidden transports readers back in time to the deadly deserts and sweltering heat of Ancient Mesopotamia for a tale of danger, duty, and forbidden love. Jayden is on the brink of womanhood and betrothed to her tribe’s prince, cold-hearted Horeb. But when tragedy strikes, Jayden meets Kadesh, a mysterious visitor from the south who makes Jayden doubt everything she knows. Torn between loyalty to her tribe and the chance to escape her fate, Jayden must make a choice that will change her life forever.
Today, I'm unveiling the Forbidden trailer for the very first time!
I'm also offering a HUGE pre-order giveaway from October 6th to November 4th (release day!) to celebrate. See below for full details on how to enter.
- You must preorder Forbidden through an online retailer or your local bookstore, then email a photo of your receipt to email@example.com.
- Fill out the rafflecopter below
- US/Canada Only
- Ends at midnight EST on November 3, 2014
- Optional entries: share the trailer on your own site or social media, follow me on twitter, and tweet about the giveaway (can be repeated daily for extra entries!)
- Winners will be announced and contacted November 4th (release day!)
- If the winner does not respond with their mailing address within one week, a new winner will be chosen.
WE'RE ADDING A KINDLE FIRE AND COVER TO THE GRAND PRIZE PACKAGE!!!
1. GIRL OF FIRE AND THORNS by Rae Carson
2. CHAOS OF STARS by Kiersten White
3 Satin Belly Dance Skirt
4. Belly Dance 150-Coin Hip Scarf
5. Red Silk Veil (not pictured)
6. Red Middle Eastern Earrings
7. Belly dance DVD: Sensual Belly Dance with Blanca, a professional dancer (technique, choreography, and performances)
8. "Will YOU risk it all?" button (not pictured)
9. Set of 10 Book Club Cards
10. Jeweled bookmark (not pictured)
KINDLE FIRE WITH COVER!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
(1) SECOND PLACE WINNER:
1. GIRL OF FIRE AND THORNS by Rae Carson
2. Red Middle Eastern Earrings
3. Red Silk Veil (not pictured)
4. Belly dance DVD: Sensual Belly Dance with Blanca, a professional dancer (technique, choreography, and performances)
5. "Will YOU risk it all?" button (not pictured)
6. Set of 10 Book Club Cards
7. Jeweled bookmark (not pictured)
(13) RUNNERS-UP WINNERS:
1. Red Middle Eastern Earrings
2. "Will YOU risk it all?" button (not pictured)
3. Set of 10 Book Club Cards
4. Jeweled bookmark (not pictured)
About Forbidden: In the unforgiving Mesopotamian desert where Jayden’s tribe lives, betrothal celebrations abound, and tonight it is Jayden’s turn to be honored. But while this union with Horeb, the son of her tribe’s leader, will bring a life of riches and restore her family’s position within the tribe, it will come at the price of Jayden’s heart.
Then a shadowy boy from the Southern Lands appears. Handsome and mysterious, Kadesh fills Jayden’s heart with a passion she never knew possible. But with Horeb’s increasingly violent threats haunting Jayden’s every move, she knows she must find a way to escape—or die trying.
With a forbidden romance blossoming in her heart and her family’s survival on the line, Jayden must embark on a deadly journey to save the ones she loves—and find a true love for herself.
Set against the brilliant backdrop of the sprawling desert, the story of Jayden and Kadesh will leave readers absolutely breathless as they defy the odds and risk it all to be together.
Award-winning author Kimberley Griffiths Little was born in San Francisco, but now lives in New Mexico on the banks of the Rio Grande with her husband and their three sons. Her middle-grade novels, When the Butterflies Came, The Last Snake Runner, The Healing Spell, and Circle of Secrets, have been praised as “fast-paced and dramatic,” with “beautifully realized settings.” Kimberley adores anything old and musty with a secret story to tell. She’s stayed in the haunted tower room at Borthwick Castle in Scotland; sailed the Seine in Paris; ridden a camel in Petra, Jordan; shopped the Grand Bazaar in Istanbul; and spent the night in an old Communist hotel in Bulgaria. You can visit her online at www.kimberleygriffithslittle.com.
Share your thoughts on the trailer in the comments!
I'm grateful to Justin Cook, a long-time friend with a grad degree in Film from Columbia University in NYC. The trailer was shot at Little Sahara Sand Dunes in southern Utah - looks SO much like the Middle East (where I've been and can attest to! LOL). I'm also grateful to the young actress, Sela, for her beauty and talent, and to her mother who did hair and makeup. Thank you as well to Lisa Fitz for the gorgeous Voice-Over work.
Please share with your friends! Many thanks to Tracey and Casey at Media Masters Publicity for organizing this huge 13 blog tour over the next month.