About Me

My Photo
I grew up in San Francisco, but now live in an adobe house on the banks of the Rio Grande with my husband and sons. I think I've drunk so much Land of Enchantment water that some of that ancient magic got into my blood and now spurts out my pencil--I mean ergonomic keyboard. I adore Louisiana, Paris, Bulgaria, England, Scotland, Egypt, and anything old and musty with a secret story to tell. I make way too many cookies when I'm writing or revising a new book - and I've got the best book trailers in the universe - for reals! Check them out here: www.kimberleygriffithslittle.com. Please find me on Facebook, Twitter, Goodreads, and Youtube. Awards: Southwest Book Award, Whitney Award for Best Youth Novel, Bank Street College Best Books of 2011, Crystal Kite Finalist, and New Mexico Book Award Finalist.

Thursday, June 13, 2013

Why do I write?

This post will be short and sweet as I'm leaving this morning for a writer's retreat in Taos, New Mexico (about a 3 hour drive north of me) with some of my best SCBWI buddies. I'm taking my brand new laptop with me and an editorial letter for my next Scholastic middle-grade manuscript due out in Summer of 2014. I've got 40 hours more of work ahead of me, I estimate, and little more than a week before the deadline.



I love these two quotes found recently . . . 

Question: Why do I read?

 Answer: 

Whenever you read a good book, somewhere in the world a door opens to allow in more light.
–Vera Nazarian 
 
Question: Why do I write?
 
 Answer:
 
 “Indeed, learning to write may be part of learning to read. For all I know, writing comes out of a superior devotion to reading.”
― Eudora Welty, On Writing

See you next week!
xo,
Kimberley 


3 comments:

Natalie Aguirre said...

Have a great retreat. Hope you get your revisions done.

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Kimberley Griffiths Little said...

Thanks, Natalie. Did a bit on the revisions, but we talked more, had deep discussions, and goofed around more and brainstormed with each other about current writing projects more than the work I accomplished . . . :-)

MY PUBLISHED BOOKS

MY PUBLISHED BOOKS

Winner of The Southwest Book Award!

Time travel, war, love, rattlesnakes, magic . . .

Blog Archive