Wednesday, March 07, 2012

Publisher's Weekly Cool Thing and Tucson Book Festival!

Hi y'all! It's been a very long time since I've been here with a chatty message or news about my life or pretty much ANYTHING. I've been posting SPELLBINDERS every Monday, which I'm a co-founder of and which is a very awesome resource for teachers and librarians and homeschoolers, but I've been on deadline after deadline after crisis after crisis the past couple of months. 

How do the rest of you get everything DONE??? I am failing miserably to keep up with my blogger friends. 

Okay! So! Onward and Upward and some fun news I MUST share today!!! Because next week will be too late!

I'm doin' the happy dance at being mentioned in PUBLISHER'S WEEKLY!!! Bologna Book Fair here I come! At least virtually via my super duper awesomest agent in the world.

Bologna Briefcase What the Agents Are Bringing 
 
Mar 05, 2012

We asked some American agents to tell us about two projects they have high hopes for at the Bologna Children's Book Fair. 

Adams Literary
“The perfect blend of science fiction, adventure, and romance” starts out the list from Tracey and Josh Adams, in Amie Kaufman and Meagan Spooner’s Wrecked, pitched as “Titanic in outer space.” Disney-Hyperion bought the series at auction in a three-book deal, for publication in 2013, 2014, and 2015; it’s been sold to Brazil and Poland. Another set of three, Kimberley Griffith Little’s trilogy Goddess (“the YA Red Tent”), HarperCollins pre-empted and will publish in 2013, 2014, and 2015. Translation, U.K., and film rights are available (Poland and Thailand have been sold).

This truly feels surreal. A dream come true. To sell my Young Adult trilogy after working on it for eight years (including TONS of super cool and exotic research) and now to be at Bologna getting foreign rights! To other countries! People in other languages reading my words! (In a couple of years that is.) And Last, but not Least! 


PLEASE COME SEE ME THIS SUNDAY AT THE 
TUCSON BOOK FESTIVAL!!! 



Sunday, March 11
Kimberley presents at the 
Tucson Book Festival
  
11:30 -12:30 Panel with Author Jewell Parker Rhodes: 
"Visions and Spells: Characters in Conflict"  

AND
 
2:30 - 3:30 "Breaking into Children's Novels through Magazine Writing"
  
Each session followed by autographing (I think at the Author Tents)

Since turning in my next manuscript to Scholastic, I've been prepping my workshops and Power Points and finishing up charm bracelets and re-ordering bookmarks and other goodies. 

Hope to see you there! Cheers! 
 ~Kimberley


P.S. Don't forget to enter Monday's SPELLBINDER giveaway of MELTDOWN! Open to everybody and you don't have to do *extra* stuff like Tweet or Blog or FB.

No comments:

MY PUBLISHED BOOKS

MY PUBLISHED BOOKS

Winner of The Southwest Book Award!

Time travel, war, love, rattlesnakes, magic . . .

Blog Archive