Monday, March 16, 2009

Books Read since January

I can tell that I've been writing - albeit slow and painfully - and am crazy busy because I don't get to READ very much! I hate that. I adore books, I need my daily *fix* of story and characters and suspense and getting out of my own world once in awhile.

So here's my list of books read since January. It looks pathetically small, but at least all the books were GREAT, ha!

1. GRACELING by Kristin Cashore (great debut for fanstasy lovers. But then, you probably already knew that.)

2. WAKE by Lisa McMann (Lisa's writing style is very unusual, but the premise and plot keeps you hooked because you gota see what happens!

3. THE TRUE MEANING OF SMEKDAY by Adam Rex (Funky book that takes the right writer to pull off - and he did. Lots of fun!)

4. SAVVY by Ingrid Law (I love quirky well-written books!)

5. THE GRAVEYARD BOOK by who else? Neil Gaiman! (Love, love the people in that graveyard!)

I also discovered a new Southern adult writer who is absolutely freakin' fantastic. Joshilynn Jackson. She has the funniest blog, too. Faster than Kudzu

6. GODS IN ALABAMA

7. THE GIRL WHO STOPPED SWIMMING

And a new adult mystery writer from Louisiana and sets her books in Louisiana and whom I get to meet in two weeks because she is a Cajun Traiteuse! YAY!

8. FAMILY INHERITANCE by Deborah LeBlanc

***
I do have a stack under the bed . . . just in case anybody's worried that I have nothing else to look forward to! Here's what that looks like:

1. CHAINS by Laurie Halse Anderson
2. THE SISTER by Poppy Adams (adult literary)
3. THE SECRET AT LAUREL OAKS by Lois Ruby
4. THE LONDON EYE MYSTERY by Siobhan Dowd
5. NEED by Carrie Jones
6. CHILDREN OF THE LAMP, THE AKHENATEN ADVENTURE by P.B. Kerr
7. PERFECT CHEMISTRY by Simone Elkeles
8. THE HERO OF AGES by Brandon Sanderson (adult fantasy)

No comments:

MY PUBLISHED BOOKS

MY PUBLISHED BOOKS

Winner of The Southwest Book Award!

Time travel, war, love, rattlesnakes, magic . . .

Blog Archive