Sunday, October 02, 2005

A Taste of Bulgaria

Здравейте! как си? България е най-доброто място на света!

Translation: Hello, how are you? Bulgaria is the best place in the world!

I just wrote to my son serving in Bulgaria (our weekly email) and he sent me this phrase using the Cyrillic alphabet. So I had to try pasting it here and see if it worked. Looks like it does! Awesome. He's definitely on my mind all the time. And in my prayers.

We plan to fly to Sofia, Bulgaria (the capital) when his two years are finished next September and pick him up, travel around the country, see the cities where he served, meet the friends he made. So I better start learning some phrases myself . . . so I can at least say hello when I meet people.

I have a pack of homemade alphabet flash cards on my nightstand. My son and I learned it a year ago together before he left. We'd put up a few letters every week in the kitchen, and test each other, but I've forgotten many of them so I'm beginning to review them again.

Now I need to learn how to say "goodybe" . . . until next time.

No comments:

MY PUBLISHED BOOKS

MY PUBLISHED BOOKS

Winner of The Southwest Book Award!

Time travel, war, love, rattlesnakes, magic . . .

Blog Archive